Join a Turtle Walk 2018
Raise awareness, funding, and hope.
Walks are held across The Land Between bioregion- home to 1/3 of Ontario’s turtles. Walks are on Saturday from 10am to noon during the most active time for turtle nesting: the Flowering Moon (the full moon at the end of May).
Registration is required. Once registered you will be provided with the route maps and our safety protocols. Registrants can also help by becoming Turtle Fundraisers. Win prizes for the most funds raised, the best turtle outfits or the best team collective. Are you part of a turtle walk team? If so, register each participant and simply let us know team member names at the check in. Or wear our “Disco Turtle 2018 swag- purchase a Turtle Walk T here. Dogs (well-behaved) are welcome.
We are looking for volunteers! Would you like to help? If so, register and contact Leora at 705-457-4838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday May 26th – Bancroft Start/Registration Desk at Riverside Park/Post Office off Station Street
- Saturday May 26th – Peterborough Start/Registration Desk at Peterborough//Riverview Park and Zoo parking area
- Saturday May 26th – Fenelon Falls Start/Registration Desk at the Trent Severn Lock 34 off Water Street across from Subway
- Saturday June 2nd – Haliburton Start/Registration at Haliburton Highschool Football Field/Track
- Saturday June 2nd – Bracebridge Start/Registration at Kelson Grove Park. This walk is tentative- numbers of greater than 40 are required to proceed. Please register if you are interested and we will keep you posted!
Registered walkers can create their own Click and Pledge profiles and begin to get pledges in support of the Tunnels and Trauma Campaign (T&T Campaign). The campaign aims to raise monies to support turtle tunnel planning and implementation (50%) and turtle trauma care (50%).